One of the most important materials of the building sector is cement. Cement word meaning: chipped stone crumbs. This word was used later in the context of a binding. Cement is defined as a hydraulic binder material which is obtained by grinding the natural limestone and clay mixture after heating at high temperature. The meaning of the term Binding in this context can be expressed as: binders which form a hard mass as a result of the reaction of hydraulic binders with water and then do not disintegrate in water and maintain or increase the hardness and strength.
- In the daily life, commercial centers, buildings, housing, hotels, hospitals, schools, such as building construction; underground network systems; dams, water drainage channels such as water structures; marine structures such as pier, port, marina; highway projects such as tunnels, bridges; manufacturing of airport, airfield, ready-made plaster and mortar; sculpture, relief, monument, such as art product designs in different areas and different types of content is used.
How is Cement Produced? What are the stages of cement production?
- Raw materials (limestone, clay and marl) used for cement are removed by detonating or removing. The extracted raw materials are transported to the trucks with crushers.
- These raw materials of different sizes are stocked with a certain size.
- These stockpiles are homogeneous, milled and transported to silos (eler).
- Heats to the rotary kiln.
- Heats up to 1500-1600 0C and proceeds by turning and turning to clinker (²)
- Clinkers are cooled to 100 0 C. in the cooling unit.
- The cooled clinkers are taken to the clinker silo. According to the production class, the additives go into the cement mill by mixing.
- The cement produced up to a certain fineness in the mill is transported to silones.
- It is stocked in silones and packed according to sales form.
You have realized that there is a very high energy requirement for the production of the cement material you are reading. Process of heating to 1500-1600 0 C in the process; The effect of the cement sector on the total CO2 release is notable. 5% of the production of CO 2 in the world is revealed during cement production. As a result, prevention of damage to nature has become one of the leading targets. Innovative movements to increase energy efficiency in cement production will reduce the negative effects of production on the environment.
When we look at the construction sector, sustainability is not just about building ecological buildings. It also covers areas such as the construction of energy resources for the production of materials used in the construction of these buildings. In this context, if we look at the cement production, we can say that the technologies used in clinker production, which is one of the most energy consumed areas, is insufficient. In order to eliminate this deficiency, the use of renewable fuels and raw materials and the use of other equivalent components instead of clinker are carried out.
Thanks to nanotechnology; improve the existing properties of cement and reduce the environmental damage. Although cement is one of the most preferred construction materials in the world, the complex chemical and physical properties that make up the cement are not known sufficiently. Thanks to nanotechnology, the identifiable and efficient workability of materials can be improved and used more efficiently. As a result of these studies, it is likely that the products marketed will be accepted.
1- Products are stored, cylindrical, large warehouse.
2- Black round walnut sized pieces.